Join us for a plenary session exploring the future of higher education, followed by interactive working group discussions.
Key outcomes we will be working towards in the session include:
- Consider potential futures of higher education together
- Reflect upon opportunities for the University to evolve and bounce forward from the COVID crisis
- Begin to articulate recommendations for the event organizers to carry forth to senior leadership
- Invite ongoing participation in working groups for ongoing action
WELCOME | (hosted by Krista Hiser)
INTRODUCTION | “What has happened since our last gathering on Hawaiʻi Island in 2018?”
- Matthew K Lynch - Director of Sustainability Initiatives,
University of Hawaiʻi System
KEYNOTE | “Activating Relevance to Heal Our World: A Tita Perspective”
UPDATE: Video recording of this presentation available here.
- Dr. Manulani Aluli Meyer - Konohiki - Kulana o Kapolei, a Hawaiʻi Papa O Ke Ao Initiative - Hawaiian Learning at UH West Oʻahu
Q&A (15 min):
BREAKOUT SESSIONS | “How might the University transform to meet these times?”
Working Groups for Breakout Sessions:
- Teaching, Learning & Curriculum
- Student Engagement
- Community Engagement
- Research & Scholarship
- Leadership & Shared Governance
SHARE OUT FROM BREAKOUT SESSIONS.
CLOSING & NEXT STEPS FOR SATURDAY:
- Reflect, ponder, discuss, dream, wonder, write, read, research, refine, iterate, share relevant resources
- See you tomorrow!